John Lennon quotes popular today; Read the best ones here!


On the 30th anniversary of his tragic death, John Lennon is in the hearts and minds of millions of fans worldwide. People are seeking out John Lennon quotes today to revisit the incredible mind and spirit of the late Beatle, and we've compiled a list of them right here.
One Tucson fan told TCHE her favorite John Lennon quotes are the ones that got him and The Beatles in trouble, such as the infamous "we're bigger than Jesus" soundbite.
The actual, full quote was as follows: "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll, or Christianity."
"John Lennon would tell the truth," the fan told TCHE. "No matter how unpopular that would be with some. I remember listening to The Beatles as a girl, and my grandfather would tell me how John Lennon was a 'card-carrying communist'. I didn't know what it meant, I just loved The Beatles. Now I realize 'card-carrying communist' likely meant 'speaks his mind freely'. Sorry, Grandpa; I love The Beatles even more now!"
Read More: John Lennon quotes popular today; Read the best ones here