Carlos Pena on not choosing the Orioles

Carlos Pena, who nearly signed with the Orioles several offseasons ago, said the Orioles were definitely in the mix this time, but instead he signed a one-year $10 million deal with the Chicago Cubs.
Pena had a multi-year offer from the Orioles, but preferred going to the Cubs.
“I think it was very close actually,” said Pena who batted .196 with 28 homers and 84 RBIs with the Tampa Bay Rays last season “(The Orioles) showed extreme interest, but at the end of the day I thought this was the best fit for me. I thought the Cubs wanted me the most. It was kind of cool to see how much interest they showed and how much I wanted to play for them. It was the perfect fit, for me, a no-brainer at the end of the day.”
He said the Orioles were “were very aggressive. I am very flattered… I was very flattered with the interest that was shown.”
Read More:Carlos Pena on not choosing the Orioles